Nurturing High-Quality Early Learning and Leadership Across the Pre-K-3 Continuum
September 27–28, 2017
9/27 | 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
9/28 | 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
One Hartsfield Centre Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30354
Registration Deadline: September 8, 2017
About the Event
By invitation only
The Southeast and Midwest Comprehensive Centers of American Institutes for Research (AIR) are pleased to invite your state to participate in our regional institute. The purpose is to convene early education teams from various states to collaboratively engage in discussions on research-based information and explore evidence-based early childhood resources. Participants will engage in sessions led by experts in the field, hear about the progress and challenges other states are facing, and discuss strategies for improving early childhood supports for Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) implementation efforts. As a result of this institute, early childhood state teams will increase their capacity to
- Identify and implement data-driven strategies based on multiple assessment measures for personalized, blended, and differentiated pre-K-3 learning based on individual students' needs
- Utilize pre-K-3 background knowledge and a common language through collaborative professional learning communities that include representatives of early childhood stakeholders (e.g., leaders, teachers, parents and other caregivers, private or faith-based centers, health and human service agencies, businesses, and other partners)
- Improve pre-K-3 growth and development by aligning and implementing evidence-based strategies and practices across curricula
- Nurture high-quality pre-K-3 programs by building background knowledge of early learning and leadership competencies from the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP)
During the institute, breakfast and lunch will be provided on both days for participants. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the institute, please contact Kathleen Theodore, Southeast Comprehensive Center (SECC) senior technical assistance (TA) consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-228-8695) or Ramona Chauvin, SECC senior TA consultant (email@example.com or 985-237-3715).
For hotel and travel information, please contact Crystal Darby, SECC administrative associate (firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-936-0750).
More information about the program will be available soon.
Event Dates and Times
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
(Sign-In and optional Meet and Greet, which is sponsored by American Institutes for Research)
- Wednesday, September 27, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. | Breakfast 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, September 28, 2017, from 8:30 to 2:00 p.m. | Breakfast 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
We look forward to your participation.
Travel and Hotel Information
The institute sessions and the participant lodging will be at the
Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel Map
One Hartsfield Centre Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia 30354 USA
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact:
For questions regarding the program, please contact: